Using eco-friendly furniture is one way you can live green and still live beautifully. But what exactly does eco-friendly furniture entail?
Environmentally friendly furniture is made out of natural, organic, or recycled materials. Some furniture is made out of reclaimed or recycled materials, while other furniture can be made from renewable resources.
The range of environmentally friendly materials includes hemp, bamboo, reclaimed wood, and recycled materials, like plastic.
- Eco-friendly furniture also uses products that do not reduce your indoor air quality. This includes water- or bio-based glues or sealants that do not release toxic chemicals.
- Eco-friendly products are often made out of wood, but wood that has been obtained without a huge ecological impact. Reclaimed wood—like driftwood—can be used for green furniture. Recycled wood or wood obtained through other sustainable means are also commonly used.
- Because bamboo grows so well, it has become a more common material in households, for everything from flooring to fabrics.
- Fabrics that have been made out of organic cotton are pesticide-free and breathe well. Hemp can also be used for cloth.
- Jute, which is grown, can be used to make durable and long-lasting linoleum. Leather can also be a green option.
- Leather breathes well, will last forever, and is durable. Wool is also sustainable and can be used in a variety of cloths.
When you decide to use eco-friendly furniture, you are making a step in the right direction towards helping the environment.
Visit us at one of our showrooms today to find a beautiful, naturally distressed piece that makes a statement.